Tuesday 13 December 2011

Brief 4 Boards + Evaluation

I was incredibly excited about this brief at the start, it was by 4Creative (who I would love to work for), working on branding (in my rationale) for a new television channel (an interest of mine) - it couldn't be more perfect. However, the target audience was over 60's, an audience I know very little about, time was ticking and I didn't have much time to do in depth research into them, however I gathered primary and secondary research that I felt was reliable enough to draw some assumptions and base my concepts around this. The idea of branding was very appealing, but to a new television channel, it is my dream brief. I thoroughly enjoyed working on this, however I feel a major weakness is using stock film footage - due to my lack of equipment and knowledge of film, but they supported my ideas wonderfully. IT really finishes off what I have working alongside, as an animated logo on its own didn't seem as entertaining as a dog in what seems to be a pair of older person's glasses looking at my animated logo and then looking directly down the camera at the viewer. I enjoyed creating the guidelines for the branding too. It seemed to make my idea more credible and more genuine, and the research behind all this was very interesting too, I learnt a lot about branding and design for television.

No comments:

Post a Comment