Tuesday 13 December 2011

Brief 1 Boards + Evaluation

This brief allowed me to investigate a wide range of different graphics areas, but still concentrating on promotion, part of my rationale. The Bloc+Blur brief wasn't the most exciting brief I had worked on, as I really wanted to put my creative stamp on it, but due to the large restrictions it was more about layout, which is still part of my rationale, so in this respect I had fun experimenting with different layouts. The Fatboy Slim brief was fun, I am really pleased with the outcome, and the concept, I think its quite powerful, it has had some good feedback from peers too which is always good to hear. This saw me working in a CD cover size, and again I experimented with layouts. The Manchester Book Fair Brief got very confusing, originally the brief was supposed to be a hotdog fold book with the rejected Mexican Museum of Design briefs ideas, then it became a book of patterns, before finally being a set of affordable notebooks. Due to all the changes the books didn't end up going to Manchester. The D&AD brief was a quick turnaround brief for the North Lecture, this was a brief that really appealed to me as it was about experimenting with layout, and I am really pleased with the final poster, I think it is portfolio worthy.


No comments:

Post a Comment