Friday 4 November 2011

Thinking About Names

For the names I became torn, do I choose a name that makes it clear what the place is, or do I create something that may arouse curiosity? Referring back to the brief it specifically says it shouldn't be typical, which can rule out all the names with the word 'art' in... Although 'Pastiche' seems obvious I do quite like it. These are a visual expression of the names I came up with in my earlier post.


The final shortlist of names:



Serendipity - to come across something pleasant.
Panacea - a remedy to disease.
Cynosure - a focal point of admiration.

I love all of these names, they are apt in their own individual way, in terms of pronunciation I may have to rule out Panacea to avoid audience's confusion, unless I could incorporate a way of showing the pronunciation within the design. Cynosure may sound a little too scientific. For now: Serendipity seems perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment