Thursday 10 November 2011

Refining Final Logo

Just refining the type as I still felt something wasn't quite right... 
Below is an example of how I have adjusted the horizontal scale, the first is the original at 100% and it increases by 10 in each time. I actually think the original is better here.


This is adjustment in the tracking as in the beginning stages I felt at some point the letters would have to be altered so they are further apart, worth a try but sticking with the original.


Finally is the kerning, I am glad I decided to experiment with this, in particular I am looking between the 'e' and 'n' as in my original logo I felt it looked a bit confusing. Bearing in mind with this type it is the original, the logo has a thicker stroke. Instantly with the thinner writing it looks clearer. The first one is the original, the last one has been adjusted to 100 and the ornament on the n is now more visible.
Showing how it effects the logo:
1) Original logo
2) Stripped back to original thickness of type and the kerning has been adjusted.
3) Adding colour.
4) Adding the thicker stroke.
5) Further adjusting the kerning as the 4th one returned to its indistinguishable state.



My final logo, again, will be the third one.

Applying it to a mug:


No comments:

Post a Comment