Tuesday 8 November 2011

Logo Development


Page 1: After placing the different coloured squares next to each other, I thought that it could be a suitable image for the logo. It would use all of the colours I had selected and I guess the different coloured squares could represent all the different types of artwork.

Page 2: A little more thought and I realised the square edges were too harsh - I am trying to communicate peace and relaxation, so a more organic shape would be appropriate, hence the circles. I didn't take to this idea like the previous one.

Page 3: As I really like my first idea, I combined the first two ideas. This is beginning to look more suitable - my favourite two ideas are the top two on the right.

Page 4: When I first started developing this next set of ideas, I did like them, looking back, I think they are too bulky.

Page 5: The vertical lines completely change the dynamic of the logo, but also some are still too large. My most preferred on here is the narrower logos on the bottom half.

Page 6: This page is the same or very similar ideas to the previous page, however the type is smaller, again this completely changes how the logo looks. My preferred logos on here are the top, middle and the third on the left. At the minute I think the smaller type looks better and more effective as it is tidier.

Page 7: On this page, I have taken all the ideas using the lines, that have a white space in them, but on this page I have adjusted the transparency so there isn't just a mass of white space. On the whole, most of them look better. The bottom right idea works really well.

Page 8: Back to the circles on this page, but trying to simplify the idea and get rid of the bulk that seems to be taking over the logo. I do like the majority of the ideas on this page. (It can be linked to art as well as with Damien Hirst spot paintings, this is an afterthought. It is NOT intentional!)

No comments:

Post a Comment