Wednesday 18 May 2011

Progress Crit



'More happening throughout ident, narrows down to 'i' shape.' This is exactly what the ident does do, but I completely agree with more happening, maybe more bars?
I agree with making the 'i' more clear, but in response to having it with other letters, I wanted to keep my logo simple.
'Use logo as imagery for idents.' - I did!!
'Heavier idents' yes for the Drum and Bass and Dubstep it should probably be a lot heavier and vibrant.
I didn't really want the posters to explain too much about the posters as I wanted to create an element of intrigue, but I will put more information on.




One comment from this (Sai and Liz) is that the logo is 'nice' but not specific to Drum and Bass, this is exactly what I wanted, my channel combines 3 different genres from different spectrums that still link, and its all music that should be played at full volume to appreciate it - hence the red bars in the equaliser!
And that I should base my idea on Drum and Bass artists- this was unclear, and never clarified in the feedback afterwards, they disappeared before I could ask! Another comment, 'that the ident is slow so you can't tell its Drum and Bass or Dubstep', one point is that Dubstep can actually be slow, but as I mentioned, Sunday will feature a day of chill out music, hence the track in this ident.
'Digital font is appropriate but could find a better one?' - I managed to ask Liz later on, who said it looked too digital, but this is the idea I am heading for to emphasise the digitally produced music.
'What's the channel's name' - clearly stated in brief that was on the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment